Sunday, April 13, 2008

Multnomah Falls


This is the second of the four images I will be displaying at the upcoming CoPA Members Show.  It features a well photographed waterfall not far outside of Portland, Oregon.  In fact, the falls are right off the highway in the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area.  There are falls throughout the park but these are the most impressive.

Multnomah Falls is usually photographed straight on since it's actually a double falls.  It's quite impressive but you don't get the sense of the rushing water when you capture both falls.  I decided to photograph the lower falls from a lookout on a trail leading up to the bridge.  I like this angle for a couple of reasons.  First, I have not seen any images from this location and one can feel the ruggedness of the bridge.  I've been told it looks like something out of the Lord of the Rings.  I was also fortunate that the day I was there, it was overcast and humid making for lush scenery.

No comments: