Friday, April 11, 2008

A Beautiful Day



It rained so much yesterday, I thought we needed an ark. The weather has been generally lousy.  However, this morning, I thought it was just beautiful.  The fog was really heavy.  I loved it.  I love to photograph the fog.  It can take what is otherwise a very average scene and turn it into something full of mystery.  I probably tend toward a minimalist approach when photographing foggy scenes . . .  a single tree or two for example.  Today, I ventured off the interstate and took the back roads to work.  I found plenty to photograph but I was also very aware that the shoulder on the road was very narrow and therefore somewhat dangerous.  Luckily, traffic was light.

The images above were taken in Racine County on my way to work.  It was a nice deviation from the typical interstate drive and allowed to me to add some images to my 'Morning Drive' series.

No comments: