Monday, April 14, 2008

Diamond in the Rough


While this image is several years old now, I never tire of looking at it.  I call it 'Diamond Studded'.  It was a day much like last week, thick with fog but it was warmer then.  I was out getting the mail from the mailbox across the street and on my return caught a glimpse of water droplets collecting on the leaves of plants in my flower bed.  Most ask if I sprayed some water to create the effect as they can't believe it.  If I had, I doubt I could have created this scene with tiny droplets on the end of the leaves.   This was taken on a Canon 20D with a Tamron 90mm f/2.8 macro lens.  I love this lens.  It's every bit as good as the Canon 100mm macro and while it's a little slower on the autofocus, I tend to manual focus on macro shots anyway.  

No comments: