Sunday, March 23, 2008

Welcome to my Blog!


I've been intrigued by blogging for quite some time. Somehow, I just have never tried it. So, here I am with my first ever attempt. I'm not sure exactly what I have to say or how I'll use it, but I know I will be posting photographs of my 'Daily Wanderings'. Maybe this should be called Daily Ramblings.

I spend a good deal of my time posting on Flickr but I just post photos there and don't have an opportunity to talk much about the photos I'm posting. I've been doing a lot of experimenting these days with film . . . I have an old Mamiya RB67 that I picked up for a song and a dance. I'm still learning how to use it but what I like about this camera is that it slows me down. It's not like digital where it's click, click, click. Slowing down allows me to think about what I'm doing, to compose more creatively, to be satisfied with my capture before I press the shutter button.

I am also experimenting with infrared photography. I took my old Canon 20D and converted it to shoot infrared. So far, I like what it does and I don't need long exposures. Perhaps, I'll do a posting sometime in the future on my workflow.

This past Friday, we were snowed in. Fifteen inches of snow just before Easter weekend! I didn't leave the house but I did find the time to take some macro photos. Above is my favorite of my blackberry. It was shot with my Canon 5D with a reverse lense mount using the 18-55mm kit lens.

No comments: