Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Orchids

Yesterday, I talked about my visit to The Domes at Mitchel Park in Milwaukee and the incredible orchid display and then realized that I didn't post any images. Well, they're posted at my flickr site which is in the links section but I'll post some here today as well.
Orchids-6
I'm starting to get excited about the upcoming COPA Member's Show during Gallery Night, April 18-19. While the Member's show is not an official gallery showing, this is the first time I'll be showing images for general public viewing and sale. We are limited to four images that can be displayed in a 4 x 5 foot area. I'm going with a water and light theme with 12 x 18 images in 16 x 22 gallery style frames. I purchase my frames at a place called Frame Destination. I like the fact that I can buy a full frame set that includes choice of backboard, mat, glass and frame. They deliver to your door, are quite reasonable and quick to ship. I'm printing my images a The White House of Color. The have some good software for uploading. However the real reason for printing there is the quality of the print. My tests have been spot on prints that match what I see on my monitor. I probably won't do all my printing there as the paper choices are somewhat limited and I like what I get using my Epson 1800 with papers for Moab, Epson and others.

Third Annual CoPA Members Show

Gallery Night & Day, April 18 and 19
P & H Dye Building, second floor (above VP Gallery)
320 E Buffalo St., Milwaukee's Historic Third Ward

Location Map

Gallery Night Info

No comments: