Sunday, January 23, 2011

Empty Streets - The Urban Photo Collective

Empty Streets, Utrecht, NL


I was like a little kid at Christmas last night and this morning.  I was meeting with a group of photographers much like the Cream City Photographers of Milwaukee.  The Urban Photo Collective is a group of photographers in each of several cities around The Netherlands including one in Utrecht.  Each month, they gather for a photowalk in a different part of town and there is a theme for the walk.  That theme is the same for all the cities.

It was a great day.  About eight photographers including myself attended the walk. Linda, Dennis, Matty, Eva and the rest were extremely welcoming and all spoke english that I could get to know each a little.   However, I need to improve my Dutch just to make it a little more fair.  But, what a great group of people.  The theme, ‘Empty Streets’, gave us all some focus and the walk took place in a section of Utrecht that is lined with small homes on small streets . . . seven of them to be exact.  You can read more about it on the Urban Photo Collective.  I can’t wait to see what’s posted on Flickr nor can I wait until next month.

Boogstrat, Utrecht, NL


No comments: