Monday, August 23, 2010

Getting My Grit

I've been itchy to photography lately and especially night, dark, gritty subjects.  I decided to head over to Jones Island, a busy port filled with heavy industry as well.  I was actually approached by an older gentlemen who drove up in his pickup truck.  Apparently, I was picked up by the Coast Guard's cameras.  He was polite enough, asked me what I was doing and merely said he needed to check because of Coast Guard security.  I told him I was just taking image of general structures in the area and that was a freelance fine art photographer.  While I was prepared to tell him I had every right to be there (on public property) and to photograph, he accepted my story and told me to have a nice day.  It was the first time I've ever been questioned on Jones Island.  I'm sure it won't be my last.





No comments: