Monday, July 13, 2009

Summerfest 2009


Saliva03, originally uploaded by RJIPhotography.

I love concert photography but I don't get to do it often. Two years ago, I had a blast photographing from the pit at Summerfest, going there 8 of 10 days. This year, I again had a media pass and arranged to shoot a number of bands. I was able to shoot a number headliners, Kiss, Barenaked Ladies, Counting Crows and more. But it was this band called Saliva that was the most fun. These guys were intense, dark and gothic but the combination of the lighting, their outfits and demeanor were made for photography. While I only have one image posted here, more Saliva (and the other bands named above) can be found on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjiphotography

1 comment:

Richard Bublitz said...

This is quite excellent Bob... thanks for sharing.